Thursday, September 6, 2012

Juicing | Day 1 | lunch

You know that feeling when you have to drink the medicine but you just can't stomach the taste?  I'm there.  But it's worse because it's not just a tsp or tbsp of medicine to get down, but rather a full 24 oz.

For lunch I juiced:

1 cucumber (I peeled it, my mid-morning juice was so bitter I thought this might help)
2 Roma tomatoes (the recipe called for plum tomatoes but I couldn't find any)
1/4 red onion
1 lime (which I also peeled to avoid the bitter)
2 cups parsley
2 celery stalks
1 red pepper


I know, it looks marvelous.


No picture in the pretty cup because there is nothing on this planet that is going to make this stuff taste better.    The reality is that when you chop and combined all of those ingredients and eat them with corn chips we would be in heaven.  All juiced up...not so much.  

I have a theory, these juices taste so, um, gross that I actually want to drink more water.  In my book they (whoever they is) just want me to drink more water and this is an evil ploy to get me there.

No comments: