Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I am a responsible woman

Responsible Woman by James Christensen
I am a responsible woman.

I have a lot of responsibilities even if they do not include a husband and children.

Last night I went grocery shopping and realized the true need for a husband and children when I returned home.

If I had a husband and kids I could simply honk the horn and they would come out and help bring the groceries inside.

If I had a husband and kids I would not have given myself a concussion by knocking myself in the head with the back door of my SUV while trying to close the door while carrying six bags of groceries at the same time.

4 comments:

Lori said...

owww!!!

I abuse the horn privilege when it comes to bringing groceries home.... But something that might help - a plastic tub. We keep recycling in it and drop the bottles/cans off when we go to the store then put the bags in it. It makes it a lot easier to carry more weight, plus if you need a hand, its a lot easier to balance on a leg or hip or just set on the ground real quick!

Jennifer said...

Katherine - you are so funny. Even when you do have kids, they don't always come out and help! Hope you are well! Enjoy reading your blog.

Shauna_Rae said...

I'm with Jennifer. They don't always run out to help.

LOVE that "Responsible Woman". It is one of my favorites!

Jodi said...

Even with a husband and children I find myself carrying most of the groceries in all by myself. I hope your head is feeling better!