Sunday, August 22, 2010

30 Day Writer's Challenge | Day 3

I'm the puppy that ate your backseat.

Want to know a secret? That's too bad then chap, because I don't have any secrets. I do know that I have this insatiable drive to work in advertising.

The reality that I am actually an Allstate customer has little to do with the fact that the Mayhem Man is my favorite ad series gracing our television spots of late. I can't say I have a favorite within the series, they all have the fantastic ability to draw me in each and every time.

From a critical perspective Allstate is BRILLIANT! The puppy that ate your backseat, random windstorm, hot babe, and teen driver are true to form situations that would occur. I'm betting they pulled these ideas straight from the claims department!

Not to mention entertaining. Seriously entertaining! In my opinion Mayhem Man acting out these scenes is far more impressive and entertaining I imagine, than the real puppy eating your backseat or a real random windstorm...shaky shaky, shaky shaky shaky! If I weren't an Allstate customer already I would seriously consider switching after seeing these advertisements. I can't get enough of them, and that's not a bad thing. I know...you want to watch THEM over and over again too. You're welcome.

And in case you don't agree let me ask you a question, can you remember another ad campaign from a different insurance agency? Does it make you want to scratch your eyeballs out when it comes on television? Similar to how I feel if I were to see ANOTHER 5-Hour Energy commercial?


Demonstration only. Do not attempt.

2 comments:

Nubia Mejia said...

I love those commercials! He was on Law & Order: SVU in the first season. So cute! =P

Unknown said...

I always tell Stephen that if I run off, it will be to do advertising in New York. I LOVE fun commercials!