Monday, August 23, 2010

30 Day Writer's Challenge | Day 4

My hope teeters on the balance of men acting like children because they are as innocent as children and don't know any better and the reality that they are not even on the same planet as innocence and know exactly what they are doing.

Today I spent some time with Kelly and Charley at their house. No big deal, just hanging out. Kelly was cleaning and for a surprising amount of time Char just sat on my lap. We drew on her magna-doodle thing, we watched Buzz and Woody and she made me laugh so hard I cried. I love it when she does that...even if all my mascara is gone by the time she's finished with me.

So it was close to 5 p.m. and Kelly had started dinner and I needed to get home so I was packing up my stuff and asked Char for a kiss because I had to leave. She was not interested at all and kept hiding behind Kelly. I knelt down to her height and she just pulled at me and said no. So I stood up and asked again (and again) and she was still not interested in giving me a kiss or a hug or even acknowledging that I was leaving.

Then she told me not to go. It was so cute. And then I got my kiss. Kelly said that's how kids are, when they don't want you to leave they will act out hoping you'll stay because of their behavior.

So the question stands, do men act out because they don't want us to leave?

And then when they realize we are actually going to leaving they ask us to stay?

So what, finally as if in defeat they accept we are leaving and kiss us good-bye?



Peter Pan Syndrome.

1 comment:

Nubia Mejia said...

Wow. This is an interesting topic. I don't think I've known a guy that acted out so I wouldn't leave. But the other two questions are right on. Very interesting topic today! Love it!