Wednesday, February 3, 2010

love letters | Lord Byron

I fear I am using all the greatest (and my most favorite) love letters right up front and will have nothing to share come closer to February 14. I'm sure I'll be able to find at least 11 more romantic people that have lived and shared their love. In the mean time, enjoy this EXTREMELY ROMANTIC excerpt from a love letter written by Lord Byron.

"If all that I have said and done, and am still but too ready to say and do, have not sufficiently proved what my real feelings are and must be ever towards you, my love, I have no other proof to offer.

My Dearest & Most Beloved Friend

Bless you -- ever & even more than ever.

Your most attached

Is there anything on earth or heaven would have made me so happy as to have made you mine long ago? and not less now than then, but more than ever at this time -- you know I would with pleasure give up all here and all beyond the grave for you –

I was and am yours, freely and most entirely, to obey, to honour, love --and fly with you when, where, and how you yourself might and may determine."



To receive a letter like this...a dream.
Don't you love love.

No comments: