Thursday, February 4, 2010

love letters | Kenneth Fearing

What a great idea...spending the first 14 days of February posting excerpts from famous love letters. Reading all those love letters remembering all the times my heart has been broken. Yeah...great idea Katherine!

Enjoy today's INCREDIBLY ROMANTIC excerpt from poet Kenneth Fearing. (I'm not sure if this is an actual letter he wrote to someone, or an excerpt from one of his poems...either way...it's splendid.)


"Come back.

Because tonight you are in my hair and eyes,

And every street light that our taxi passes shows me you again, still you,

And because tonight all other nights are black, all other hours are cold and far away, and now, this minute, the stars are very near and bright

Come back. We will have a celebration to end all celebrations."




Isn't that splendid!
This might be leading the pack of my favorites.

Yep...alone.
Poop.

No comments: