Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday!



I borrowed Thankful Thursday's from Martha (love you girl!) and until I have the chance to make my own little header, I am also going to borrow that as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if Martha came up with Thankful Thursday's all on her own, she's just that kind of girl.  Either way I think it's a swell idea and I have been thinking all day today about what my first Thankful Thursday post was going to be about.  Obviously I can't post without photos, so here goes:

I am thankful for my mom she rocks!  A few weeks ago I bought these great Lack shelves from Ikea.  I had a hard time hanging them because my apartment is well, really old and I couldn't find a stud (ha! ha!) and the Sheetrock screws I was trying to use were making a huge mess.  Anyway, my mom came over last week (for a different reason) and helped me hang my shelves!  






Aside from the large mess that I still had/have to clean up on my desk, don't the shelves look fabulous!   My desk does look a little better today...no wait...nope, still looks the same!  What can I say.  Thank you mom!





I am thankful for MODERN CONVENIENCES...and a mother who taught me how to use them and take care of myself.  Thursdays I don't "work" but I spend the day with my niece Charley.  Lately we have been chill'n at my apartment so I can get the laundry list of "To Do's" taken care of.  Tomorrow I am taking dinner to a friend who just had a baby and I wanted to make fresh bread, so today was Holly Homemaker Day!  

And look at my results:
I'm not sure that it is my favorite recipe for bread, but it looks yummy!  I got mom's recipe later tonight so when I run out of this loaf I will try that next.  I will also have to find a good whole wheat recipe and break out my wheat grinder...good times!  Yes, thankful for modern conveniences because my Kitchenaid mixer did all that kneading for me.



I am thankful that in all this mushy talk about Valentine's Day I can find my happiness in the fact that I have complete control over the remote!  ...yes, I can learn to share for the right guy.

2 comments:

Martha H. said...

I'm so glad you're playing along. I cannot take the credit for coming up with Thankful Thursdays, but I think it's a splendid idea.

I *heart* ya, girl! And miss you, too.

I hate Valentine's Day, but I, too, can find the good in being single.

You're fab!

Thompson Family said...

What a great idea. I need to have a thankful post day.