Wednesday, January 9, 2008

the finest accessory...to a #2 pencil

Last semester I made the mistake of purchasing mechanical pencils to get me through a zillion tests of scan-tron bubbles (that we should totally get extra credit for filling in completely and not going outside of the lines) and a pretty tough math class.

Well, as one could predict I spent most of my time shaking the pencil to try to convince myself that there was ACTUALLY LEAD IN THE PENCIL and hoping my vigorous movement would somehow prompt the lead to fall perfectly into the slot where the mechanical part would push it out of the hole.

The rest of the time was spent clicking my way through lead replacement after lead replacement because APPARENTLY I write too hard for sensitive little mechanical pencil lead.

So this semester I decided that even though I do not have a math class, I will still be tortured by the hypnotic scan-tron bubble sheets and thus I will need a TRUE #2 pencil.

Today I went to campus early (for a few reasons) and stopped by the bookstore to pick up a few $0.15 #2 pencils.
When what to my wandering eyes should appear,
But 2 lovely erasers, one polka dot, the other zebra striped and full of cheer!

...the perfect accessory for a #2 pencil, don't 'cha think?

No comments: