Saturday, September 8, 2012

Juicing | Day 3 | breakfast, snack & lunch

I have had a headache for easily 24 hours.  Sleeping last night was difficult, even as tired as I was.  No.  I'm sure I'm not getting enough water.  Can my blame me?  I already feel a little liquid logged, more water might actually make me throw up.

(No photos today, I'm blaming it on day three and the lack of cell service at Malissa's.)

Breakfast juice today wasn't bad:

2 Granny Smith Apples
4 Carrots
2 Beets
6 leaves Swiss Chard
1" Ginger root (omitted so I could enjoy it)

It did not smell good so I was surprised it tasted as good as it did.  It's nothing to rave about, but it was easier to swallow than some of the others.

Mid-day Snack:

My breakfast juice was a little late in the morning so by the time I got around to juicing again it was already time for lunch.  So...I juiced my mid-morning snack for my lunch juice.

Lunch Juice:

2 Granny Smith Apples
2 - 3 cups Spinach
6 - 8 leaves Swiss Chard (I only had 3 leaves left, so that's what was juiced!)
1 Cucumber
4 Celery stalks
1/2 Fennel Bulb (oops, I used the entire bulb)
1 bunch Basil (20+ leaves)

This juice wasn't so bad either.  It was green and the green juices tend to be a bit much on the (nasty) flavor so it was surprising.

Mid-afternoon Juice:

I didn't follow a recipe for this one, I just made it up on my own based on the recipe from yesterday's breakfast:

2 Granny Smith Apples
3 cups Black grapes
1 Carrot
1/2+ cup Blackberries

This was yum, of course, because it's mostly fruit and even the carrot is sweet.

Funny story: I had cleaned up the juicer right after juicing lunch and put it back together so I could juice my snack.  I was so eager, and in a bit of a hurry so I could make it to Tanner's baseball game that I forgot to put the "catch the pulp" bucket in its spot.  I stuck that carrot right into the top of the juicer and within about 2 seconds I had carrot pulp all over the place!

So don't forget the "catch the pulp" bucket.  And a trick I learned before I started juicing was to use a produce or grocery bag in your "catch the pulp" container...it's is a cinch to clean up!

Since then I've also chewed a Granny Smith apple and a small bag of cocoa almonds.  I'll likely eat another apple and throw in some peanut butter a little later followed by another salad for dinner.  Not sure where that salad will come from.  Suggestions anyone?

Michael is so sweet, he called to check on me a little while ago.
Love that man!


No comments: