Sunday, May 1, 2011

2011 Summer Garden (strange things are happening!)

This...

...is what my garden looked like the day or so after I planted everything.

And this...

...is what it looks like today, about a month later.
We are always so quick to complain about the weather in Georgia, and with good reason. But if this growth is any indication of the fruits that the plants will produce, I am beyond thrilled.
Not exactly ready for Georgia summer heat, but ready for some produce.

One pot of Snap Dragons is still going strong...

But I can't say the same for my Ranunculus.
I don't know what happened, but I am so sad about this.


On a happy note...do you notice my bird house here?

There is a happy little bird living inside!
I saw the spectacular nest inside about a week or so ago and on Easter when everyone was over Jo saw him/her fly out when I opened the door.
Today when I went out to check on and water the plants he/she just stayed tucked right inside.
He/she was really cute, peeking up out of the whole to watch me. Then when I got close he/she ducked back inside. I love that a little birdie has made a home on my porch!

1 comment:

1derwoman1dermom said...

oh my goodness, how sweet! that is awesome.