Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sara & Cody Jones | Wedding Cake

My dearest friend Sara Floyd married her sweetheart Cody Jones today and I brought dessert.

There were vanilla cupcakes with pretty pink butter cream for the children's buffet:

A dreamy groom's cake topped with chocolate covered strawberries:

Yes, it did taste as good as you are imagining right now!
Incredibly moist chocolate cake, chocolate-strawberry filling and chocolate-sour cream frosting...by far my favorite cake of the night!

And now for the coup de grĂ¢ce...isn't is pretty!

I like to call it "southern style" when the icing is kind of messy like that.
Obviously I'm giving Paula Deen a run for her money!

I wish I had written down the name of the talented florist...she was marvelous and the topper fit PERFECTLY! Usually when I work with a florist for a cake topper it ends up being too big. This one was exceptional and literally fit as if she made while I put the cake together. I realize she didn't grow the flowers, but they were gorgeous...the colors matched Sara's dress and her maid's dresses spot on. It really was stunning to see everything come together.

And a little shout-out to JoAnn and Jackie who are the best little adopted aunts EVER! They joined me to cut the cake and did a magnificent job helping out. I am not a fan of killing my own cake creation...it just hurts a little inside. Good thing they were there to keep me laughing and on my toes. We managed to conduct our own taste tests, keep a continuous stash of goodies and entertain the impatient cake-awaiting guests. Jeepers...cut a cake and everyone comes-a-running!

It was so fun being a part of Sara & Cody's special day.

And like I always say...all that work is always worth it when you see the final product, but especially when you see how happy your bride (and groom) is in the end.

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Jones!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I was at a wedding reception last night and the cake was a lot like that..."southern style" frosting with purple flowers. Yours was way prettier and I know first hand how delicious yours are too! :) mmmmmm! :)

It's a beautiful cake!

tiny said...

Katherine you are so talented. Love you!

The Sixth Sister said...

sooo pretty! good job

Jodi said...

So talented!!!