Saturday, February 13, 2010

love letters | Ronald Reagan

I've saved two of my most favorite love letters for the last two days. Today I wanted to share some inspiration for a little more modern love...something you might be able to encourage your own sweetie to write (thanks for that comment Shauna).

Today's letter comes to us from the pen of former United States President, the late Ronald Reagan. I always liked President Reagan and I enjoyed the little glimpse into the relationship he had with Nance. They remind me of my parents in a way. They were so rarely apart and always looked so very in love. I couldn't decide on just one picture, so I chose the best two. Enjoy...this is a good one!

"Aboard Air Force One

March 4 1983

Dear First Lady

I know tradition has it that on this morning I place cards Happy Anniversary cards on your breakfast tray. But things are somewhat mixed up. I substituted a gift & delivered it a few weeks ago.

Still this is the day, the day that marks 31 years of such happiness as comes to few men. I told you once that it was like an adolescent's dream of what marriage should be like. That hasn't changed.

You know I love the ranch but these last two days made it plain I only love it when you are there. Come to think of it that's true of every place & every time. When you aren't there I'm no place, just lost in time & space.

I more than love you, I'm not whole without you. You are life itself to me. When you are gone I'm waiting for you to return so I can start living again.

Happy Anniversary & thank you for 31 wonderful years.

I love you

Your Grateful Husband"





Wonder where I found these letters?
Want to read more?
Find them HERE & HERE.

P.S.
I want a love letter written aboard Air Force One.
I would make an AWESOME First Lady!


xoxo

No comments: