Friday, January 15, 2010

snore fest | more photos | promises...promises

I was blog-stalking earlier this evening and I realized something…blog posts with a lot of text and no photos are generally quite boring. And by boring, I mean…snore fest. So my apologies for the text heavy posts that put you to sleep or maybe it sent you screaming. Either way I hope to avoid doing that again in the future.

I’ll start now by a light and airy post all about nothing. Well, a little about something (me!) but mostly about nothing.

"Nothing":
So lately I have not been feeling so hot. I thought it was just a cold but around 4:45 a.m. tossing and turning and steadily going through my fourth box of Kleenex, with my head pounding like someone had repeatedly hit me with a rubber mallet through the night, in tears I realized it was more than just a cold. I got up, took a long, hot shower and researched sinus infections on line. I found some stuff, and although the idea of boiling water on the stove to put some moisture in the air was good effort, I knew I needed a MD. I went back to bed knowing I was too tired to be up and functioning before the sun and sort of forgot that I had decided I needed an antibiotic by the time I took my second long, hot shower of the day around 10 a.m. However, 4 Extra Strength Tylenol and 2 Excedrin later and still a pounding headache and teeth aching, I was beginning to remember. And more importantly I realized I would not make it through the weekend, I would certainly be taking drastic (and expensive) measures come Sunday morning if I waited any longer.

What?
You thought I was going to post a picture of myself feeling like crap?
Um, no.

I ran over to this urgent care clinic not far from my apartment and saw that MD, received a tiny envelope whose contents would hopefully relieve the pressure/inflammation and an Rx for an antibiotic. I ran to Publix to have it filled and since I wasn’t going to leave without it, I had some time to wander the aisles. Which brings me to the reason for this post: Mango Peach V8 Splash. I’m addicted.

Yes, I’m being serious. It was on sale, Buy one ($2 and change and) get the second free. I can't remember the other flavor I purchased since I opened the Mango Peach first and let me tell you something…manna from Heaven! Yu-UM!

Yes, I realize it is probably loaded with sugar and other things that I doubt are good for me, but right now, if it makes me feel better...it's on the good list!

Back to my feeling sick story: The antibiotic was FREE at Publix…yeah. And I still can’t figure out why…is it a state thing? Either way, I really don’t care but I am super grateful. So free Prednizone from the urgent care MD and free antibiotic from Publix + yummy Mango Peach V8 Splash. I only just started taking the medication a few hours ago, so I still feel pretty lousy, but I think the MPV8S is helping a little too.

I’m off to take my third long, hot shower of the day. It’s amazing how that helps almost as much as the medication and MPV8S...




almost!

No comments: