Saturday, July 11, 2009

White Ceramic Stuff

Addiction.

Such a misunderstood word.

Collection.

Yes, much better.

On Planet Katherine a collection is "...one item with the eyes for another of the same..."

Good, right?

This collection I blame on Nicki, she started it. For as long as I can remember I have had a love for the color white. It is pure, simple, forgiving and honest. The contrast of white and the world is so bold it is hard not to long for it.

Well, Nicki and I were antiquing in Powder Springs and I saw the most beautiful white ceramic water pitcher. She bought him for me and tied a gorgeous green ribbon around his arm (look for him in the picture).

Since then I have collected a number of water pitchers (my favorite) but also cake plateaus, vases and 2 beautiful candle sticks.

A few moves ago, while packing, I realized I had to pull the emergency break and stop buying white water pitchers. Here are the few that grace the top of my kitchen cabinets:




Aren't they pretty! They would look so much better in their own home instead of this dingy old apartment, but oh well.

I have almost 2 dozen white ceramic pieces.
And today, I bought another...a birthday present for me.

I love it. The stripes are so gorgeous...kind of masculine and feminine all at the same time.

And the best part...it cost only $7.99!

I love inexpensive birthday presents to myself.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oooh, I like the most recent one the best!

If I had the money, I'd collect cake stands for sure . . .