Tuesday, July 7, 2009

bewitching on the balcony

Late last week this little guy fell from his place off the parental unit.
I can't lie, I was a little sad knowing he wouldn't grow to his full pepper potential.
Yep...that's a 1 teaspoon he's sitting in.

Anne suggested I clean him off, slice him open and see how he tastes. Morbid, right?!
So I did it...

He mostly tasted like a little bit of pepper and A LOT of dirt.

***

His next door neighbor has a bit more potential.
LOOK at this guy...I'm super excited!
Not sure how much more time he'll need on the parental unit, but I'm watching him!

And look-e-here!
We have COLOR in Tomato Town!
This pretty penny might get plucked tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see.

BLT anyone?
m...mmmm!

Too bad they aren't both ready at the same time...I've been craving some salsa!
Soon...very soon!

2 comments:

MonikaC said...

Your garden is brillaint! I loved having a container garden on my balcony. It always made me happy to watch it grow.

The BirdHouse said...

I am so jealous!!! I SWORE that I was gonna do a tomato, green pepper garden this year but that idea fizzled away!!! Next year!!!!