Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Besties :: Heather

The first of "My Besties" series is dedicated to Heather Shepherd. She is amazing and someone I truly look up to. The answers to her questions were awe inspiring and thoughtful, she is an a saint and the best darn travel partner a girl can ask for. Joshua is one lucky man, I pray he treasures her every moment of every day. Long live Cancun, chocolate soup, late night Applebee's, Diet Coke and any beach, anywhere!

Q&A with Heather-liciouis ::

1. Where did we meet?
  • At church in the Northpoint ward, Atlanta Georgia.
2. What is your fondest/most memorable time/moment with me?
  • The first time you finally let me (the Relief Society Pres) visit you. After a couple hours of lounging around, chatting with you, and helping you fold your laundry, I realized you were definitely someone I wanted to call my friend.
3. What do you strive for?
  • Roots-- a sense of permanence, stability.
4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Why? Yes...why?
  • Vanilla with peanut butter on top. Just the right amount of salty and sweet together.
5. What are the 5 things you are most thankful for? Why?
  • The atonement of Jesus Christ because I know through it's power there is nothing in life that is impossible.
  • My darling husband because I'm reminded daily of how much God loves me to have let me find such an amazing soul to share eternity with.
  • Wonderful family because I am who I am because of the people who have helped me grow.
  • Wonderful friends who have shared my deepest heartbreaks and greatest joys with me while at the beach or sitting around sipping diet coke at 2am in our PJs
  • Living in a place and time where I am free to think and choose for myself.
6. What is your favorite song/artist?
  • Come thou Fount of Every Blessing. I think the words the most beautiful message of hope and strength I've ever heard.
7. What is one word you would associate yourself with? Why?
  • Delight and all its derivatives. I hope others see me as being a delightful person. I believe it's the little in things in life that leave you delighted. Delight...it's just fun to say and feel.

8. What is the one song that comes to mind when you think of me? Why?
  • Stand by Me (I really like the John Lenon version) because you've been one of the greatest friends I could have ever have hoped for in this life. I've cried with you and laughed with you more than anyone else in my life.
9. What are you passionate about? Why?
  • Decency. Nothing infuriates more than it's absence in people and nothing makes me more pleased when I witness someone doing the right thing for the sake of it being the right thing.
10. What are you scared of? Why?
  • Hurting those I love without thinking or intending to.
Heather :: Thank you...for being my bestie, for understanding me and for never giving up. I can't image what the last 8 years of my life would have been like without you in it. Please move back to Georgia! Check out Heather's blog HERE.

2 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

Uhm.. I better be gatting a Q&A soon! ALthough, I am a littel jealous I wasn't first! ;) But I must admit, those were good answers Heather. Gosh, how is she so spiritual, she makes me look BAD!!! ;)

Supershepherds said...

I'm flattered beyond words. Thanks for the shout out m'love!