Monday, May 4, 2009

Green Georgia

I may have mentioned this once or twice before, but I *heart* Georgia in the spring.  I know it brings allergies that words cannot describe and endless rain storms that make you wish you had invested in those rain boots you dreamt of.  Alas, the lush green world that evolves around you in the Georgia springtime is so worth it!

Lately I have spent a lot of time inside, mostly because studying for finals outside in the rain is a bit of a kill-joy.  But today on the way to bomb my philosophy final I noticed that the lily pads in the pond at the front of my complex had bloomed :: 




Today I also noticed that there is a honey suckle bush growing outside my patio!  Oh, I think it is simply divine and takes me back to picking honey suckle flowers off Grandmama's bush in Carlsbad ::



And since this is a post all about what's been growing and sits green around my life...an update on my patio garden.  I realized recently that my patio gets no (and I mean...NO!) sunlight.  At all.  None.  Zilch.  Zero.  Kelly said I could bring them to her house, but then I have to go over and water them every day and well...I'm a bit on the lazy side for that.  Anne did assure me however, that even though they do not receive direct sunlight, they still get all the yummy nutrients from the sun.  Strange.  I am not convinced, but we shall see.  

As of now, nothing is dead yet and thanks to all the rain lately, they are nice and damp...constantly!


If you left Georgia and moved to the desert, we miss you and you can always come back.  And if you are in the desert and want to come to Georgia...we might consider sending you an application, but we have strict policies here.  Strict I tell you, strict!

Bloom where you're planted!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I miss GA! I'm excited to move to WA so I can be out of the deseret!! Great Post!