Wednesday, January 28, 2009

crocheting...

When I start making toaster covers or sweaters for my cat (ha!) then an intervention will be necessary.  But until then I've decided I need to make more than scarves with my new found chrochet talent.  
Mom, thanks again for teaching me...you created a monster!

With the paparazzi all over me about the ONE hat I made, it's hard to keep my head in the game.  Alas, I have got to get on with more of those and tomorrow Charley & I are headed to Michael's armed with coupons to purchase matching yarn to make Dad a hat to go with this fabulous scarf I just finished for him:


It is the softest yarn...dark gray, if you can't tell.  And I used 2 skeins of yarn, so it's like a zillion feet long.  It's uber cold in Ohio so I have to get that hat done ASAP!

In the mean time, since Michael's closes at night and Wal*Mart doesn't I picked up some new skeins and have started the "Baskin Robins Blanket":

Isn't that the cutest thing ever!?!  I am using that super huge hook, which I have never used before.  I think it's turning out really sweet.  I have a goal to make blankets/throws for ALL of my nieces & nephews, that's 12 so far.  I'm sure that Tanner & Andrew won't really care it, but they are getting one anyway!

I think this Baskin Robins Blanket is screaming JENNA!  Don't you agree?

If you belong to one of my nieces or nephews feel free to request a color, but keep it a secret...because everyone likes a surprise!  Maybe these can be birthday presents...what a great plan.  I'll get right on that.  Right after I scan the 3 family albums sitting on my desk.

I love projects, they keep my head from going where I can't deal.

4 comments:

Martha H. said...

Look at you go. I'm all sorts of impressed. I've tried to crochet, but to no avail... and I'm ok with that.

MonikaC said...

Looks like we have the same disease! We will have to get together and show off our creations! You are doing great!

Supershepherds said...

I love love love my scarf and still get great compliments on the color combo. It was super cold today, but my neck was nice and toasty!

Landlocked Shores said...

Ok, That's it! you have done more crocheting than me now.... not a hard thing to do. So... with that being said. I need to go through my stash of yarn and send you a goodie bag! Oh and the Michaels Sample Sale... I will keep an eye out for more for ya... oh don't forget to ask on Freecycle... dude bet there is someone with too much yarn in their stash and itching to get rid of some of it!