Monday, September 22, 2008

POST 10.2: Stats Test

Today was my first stats test of the semester. I have been studying for it for days and days and was honestly really stressed until just today. I finally started to feel a little better about things when I reviewed everything just before the test.
(Thanks for the quickie tutor session Susan)


Anyway...our professor posts all the previous tests on line so we know what to expect. It consisted of (4) cases and each case had a lot of work with it. I knew it was going to be very time consuming and I was really worried about my hand lasting through all that work. (I broke it when I was in the 4th grade and then again a few years ago...it has a lot of pain when I write for extended periods of time...my excuse for never taking notes ;)

So...my class is at 8:00 p.m. and there is another stats class (same prof) in the same room at 6:30 p.m. just before mine. When we got to the classroom almost the entire class was full from the previous class...they were still working on the test!!

As seats emptied he let the rest of us come in and start our test. I had to sit way in the back at the top and was so uncomfortable: I was squeezed in between two guys and had such little room. And imagine, one of them forgot to shower this morning! I just don't get it, why do college students have such a problem with personal hygiene? It is so gross.

So I basically started my test at 8:00 p.m. and I walked out of the room at 10:00 p.m. This is just a regular test, not even a final and it took TWO HOURS! And I seriously think I left before some students from the previous class.

Funny/sad thing...about 5 minutes into my starting the exam a girl came in. Within 30 minutes she was up and turning in her paper. We had to put our name on a plain sheet of paper as a cover page when we turned it in and the prof (so annoying) was telling her she needed to do the cover page when he looked at her work and said "Oh, never mind" and she left. I can only imagine...I actually knew what I was doing and I didn't hesitate except to sharpen my pencil and it took me 2 hours...I am guessing she didn't have much on her paper.

By the time I was done my right hand was so cramped up I could hardly use it to write my name on the cover page...so sad.
You know this guy isn't a half bad teacher except that he is so annoying, but he has to grade all these tests, why would he want to make them so difficult/long.

ugh.
Now the waiting starts...wonder how long it will take him to post the grades. Watch for updates!

No comments: