Saturday, December 18, 2010

Such fun things to share today, I am so excited!

Last night I was at the DeMone's and because I am heading to Michigan for Christmas and won't be in Georgia we went ahead and exchanged gifts.

Kelly made me the cutest camera strap covers for my Nikon!
The first one is a little too big, but it is so gorgeous that I am determined to find something to cover!

This one is equally beautiful and is actually the right size.
I took a picture before I put it on my camera strap.
I'll try to take a picture once it's on, but I don't know how that will go.

Thank you Kelly...I love them!

I was super excited to have a big box key in my mail box today!
The excitement diminished quickly when I found this:

Does anyone (that lives close by) need any Similac?

Last night Kelly & I did a lot of things, including dipping pretzel rods.
Look how pretty they turned out!

And this afternoon I have been busy keeping my kitchen warm with lots of baking.

Yesterday while at Kelly's Salon I had a taste of a yummy oatmeal raisin cookie.
So of course that gave me the craving and these turned out fantastic!

And because I'm a giver, here is the recipe:

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
  • 1 1/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 3 cup oats
  • 1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add combined flour, baking soda, salt and spices; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins.

Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8-9 minutes for chewy; 10-11 minutes for crunchy cookies.

Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack. Store tightly covered.

Enjoy!

After the cookies I made wheat bread.
I think I will send a loaf to Uncle Frank and the other loaf might stay here...

Or it might go somewhere else, we shall see.
Notice the cute little Christmas boxes behind the bread.
They are stuffed with Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!

I did receive one very special package this week from across the pond!
I was so excited when I got my Christmas present from Charisse, she always has the best taste and she did not disappoint. She sent a beautiful scarf, some fabulous Cadbury Mini Egg-esque Snowball candies and a sweet little lapel pin that says "Mind The Gap". Love it!

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the scarf yet, even though I wore it the very next day!
I'll get pictures up soon because it is beautiful.
Thank you Reese!

2 comments:

Charisse Baxter said...

You are very welcome. Everyone wears scarves here ALL THE TIME, and not just because it's cold. I have never owned so many scarves in my life! I'm addicted! And speaking of addicted, the dusting on powdered sugar on those Cadbury Snowballs makes all the difference. I may have stockpiled a few bags as "food storage". (And by "may have" I mean "bought out the store.")
Merry Christmas! (Don't tell Monika she's getting the same thing, only late! And a different color!)

The Sixth Sister said...

Didnt similac get recalled?