Tuesday, February 2, 2010

catching up | the move (one final post)

I’m a little behind in posting some of my most recent comings & goings because well, there are a lot of comings & goings happening lately. Between efforts to find a job and get settled I also had a stake leadership training to prepare for. All very good things, just a lot all in a short period of time, and lest we forget, I’ve moved in with Sarah and her littles and it’s their week with her so we are spending lots of quality time together. It didn’t take long to figure out that I hate being here in this big house all alone.

So, with lots to post and as promised, photos to tag along, I better get started! I want to be able to keep things organized so I will post about everything separately. I’ll start it off with one final post on the move.

There really isn’t much to say that I haven’t already said. I graduated with my Bachelors in December 2009 (yeah me!) and am on the job hunt. With not knowing where I will land (the world is my oyster I tell ya!) and that bit about not having a pay check, I didn’t feel that resigning my lease was a brilliant plan so I moved. As mentioned above, I moved in with my sister Sarah and her littles. They live in Dallas in my parents house (no, the ‘rents don’t live here). It’s a big house and thankfully there is plenty of room for me (and all my crap – see garage…yikes!)

I had to get up so early the morning of the move because I had to get the truck at 7:45 a.m. and I still had to pack up my bedding and the random bathroom stuff that I needed that morning. It was really sad, all alone in my dreadful looking apartment with it so dark outside. I managed to take a few pictures, to prove how packed and prepared I was.

My bed looks so strange to me without all the bedding...

Oh, and I even managed to patch up the wholes in the wall that the Ikea Lack shelf left behind. I ended up just using the plaster and no patch screen like I thought I would. It worked fine and once it was all sanded down it was a better patch job than the maintenance guy would have done, I'm sure!

That's about it for the move. It was rather uneventful for the most part. So thankful for the Acworth ward muscles that helped in both locations, brother Levi for seeing the ENTIRE move through to the end (wow!), Kelly & Charley for ALL their help packing and on moving day, John and the girls on the Dallas side (and John again that night for coming to rescue my laundry basket from the middle of the garage where it was tucked away without me knowing it) and Jo for swinging by for some moral support. And of course, all the moral support from afar - the 'Rents, AJ and her clan and Nicki over in the Lone Star state.

Kelly managed to talk me into getting rid of my washer and dryer - they were a bit dated and we figured when I found my dream job I could afford a new, more economical set. Other than those, all my belongings sit unorganized in one side of the garage. It really is a huge mess and every day that I need something I want to pull it all out and put it all back inside in an orderly fashion. Sarah laughed at me when I told her that. I was pretty serious though. We shall see...we shall see.



happy to feel so good in my new (temporary) home.

No comments: