Saturday, July 18, 2009

LOOK...WHEAT FLOUR

To keep up the pattern, another post about my birthday.

Last year for my birthday my sister Anne (and her hubs+littles) sent me an electric grinder. I was so super excited, but realized now, 1 year later, that I had yet to grind anything. I was already in a baking mood, having just made cookies. AND have been craving some yummy homemade bread, so why not just give it a shot. I broke into my coat closet, where sits a few boxes of #10 cans with food storage. To my surprise I did not have that much wheat AT ALL. I guess I better get to the cannery.

So I started with this:

Made a lot of noise here:

And ended up with this:


I put it on the lowest setting, which was for very fine flour. And wow...it's very fine. Next time I might have to edge it up a bit...I can't even control this stuff it is flying everywhere.

Thank you Anne + Hubs + littles...can't wait to make some yummy bread!
xoxox U

Hmmm...I wonder what else I can grind with this thing?

1 comment:

Supershepherds said...

That's very cool. Making you're own bread too? I am a slacker of a human being.