Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beanie Cap a la Katherine

A few months ago I needed a fabulous idea for a birthday present for a good "friend" so I asked mom to teach me how to crochet a scarf.  The "friend" lives in Cold Weather Country, so I figured a scarf was appropriate and not too corny of a gift.

Fast forward and I have made a number of scarves and recently received a skein of yarn as a "gift" (no comment) and had no idea what to make with it.  It easily takes 2 (and sometimes 3) skeins of yarn to make a scarf (depending on how tall the person is) but I didn't want to waste the gift and definitely wanted something to show for it.

I am not sure if it was a suggestion or just my own brilliant mind that thought of a beanie cap, but either way that was the plan.

Problem #1: I didn't know how to make a beanie cap.
Problem #2: I (still) don't know how to read a crochet pattern.


I am a big fan of this woman, and the only suggestion I have is that she use a yarn color that is a little easier to see.  

So...how did my beanie cap turn out, you ask?
..........
.........
........
.......
......
.....
....
...
..
.

Oh, you know I can't miss a chance for a photo opp!

I don't suggest you run out to Michael's/Hobby Lobby/Wal*Mart/craft store of choice and pick up some yarn so you can make your own...because then who will buy the ones I am going to make and eventually sell.  But IF you have some yarn sitting around AND a perfectly good pair of working hands that you want to burn like they are on fire...knock yourself out!

I thought it turned out pretty cute for my first try.

As for THE scarf that went to the "friend" - it WAS gorgeous and he did send me a picture, but I am not sure he would want it posted on my blog...for all 3 of my readers to see.  

Maybe there are others that have received a scarf that want to post it on their blog or send your mug shot to me and I will post it on here for ALL TO SEE!

Watch for more information on the opportunity to purchase one of these amazing neck warmers!

or
 
Place your customer neck warmer request NOW & SAVE!

8 comments:

Landlocked Shores said...

So Friggin cute... You have surpassed my pathetic crochet skills!

Nicole Bolinger said...

ok, yeah, the beenie looks great! But let's talk about how thin you face looks. I know you have lost some weight! Love ya!

Jamiee Shores said...

Love it! So cute! I would like to request a black one for my birthday in JUNE! lol. I wish I had the time to learn how to cross stitch...

Laura said...

You look great! Love the beanie! You need an etsy shop:)

MonikaC said...

Nice work!

lisag said...

so, so cute! and you've been tagged... check out our blog!

Charisse Baxter said...

I am more excited than you know that this was made with a crochet stitch... (knitting never stuck with me.) SO going there to learn how! (Or attempt it, give up, and order one from you. Either way.)

Jen Thomas said...

Ok Girl you never cease to amaze me- I can't wait to order a beanie!I have been wanting one! LOVE IT!