Monday, September 29, 2008

POST 16.1: Monday/Walking/Painting

POST 16.1:

MONDAY/WALKING

Last night Susan called to tell me she has to be to the school (work) by 8 a.m. so we would have to leave immediately after her boys leave for Seminary so she could be back in time to get ready and to work on time.

So this morning I was up at about 5:45 a.m. and basically listened to The Bert Show blaring loudly on my radio/alarm while I waited for Susan to call. 6:05 a.m came and still no call from Susan. Even though it was Monday and I did not want to leave my uber comfy bed, I decided I would go ahead and get dressed and head out...all the while assuming she was actually up. 6:20 a.m. I pulled into her drive, knocked on her door, she answered (yawning) and then I said "you didn't call, so I wasn't sure if I should come" ~ her response "I was hoping you wouldn't, I am so tired." I told her next time text me "stay in bed" and I would happily oblige!

The bad thing is...I sort of like walking in the morning. I tend to have a better day, and am more ready for bed at 10:30 that night having sufficiently worn myself out. So...as much as I wanted to stay in bed, I'm glad I got up. HOWEVER...today I did come home after and take a little nap. What?! I really was tired.

PAINTING:

Most of you know that I work for a company that is based in Oregon, but I work in Atlanta. I am (currently) the only person working for this company on the east coast. I have an office in an office suite where lots of other people have offices too. My next door neighbor, Marci (she imports granite) and I have become good friends and this past week she was overseas and brought me a present:

A REAL painting! And of an Italy countryside! Isn't it pretty? I scanned it in but it didn't all fit on the screen, so I had to piece it together. I can't wait to get it framed ~ then I will take a real picture and post for all to see.
OK, this is all you get for now...but wait for it, wait for it...tonight we are scheduled to receive our grades from our Stats exam...I PROMISE...no matter what the grade, I will post my results.

No comments: