Thursday, February 7, 2008

If you give a turtle new food...









...he will want a new home to go with it.

So I have been searching and searching for some sort of a new rock for Rhett & Scarlett for some time now. They ran out of food a few weeks ago so I went to the local pet store to get more. While I was there I came across a darling little reptile rock. Turtles are reptiles! So I bought it hoping they would love it. It took a few days for me to find the time to change everything out (their old bowl had little tiny rocks and they are a pain in the tush!) I also had to find a bigger bowl, the other one had a smaller opening and a smaller base and their new home would not fit. No big surprise, I have a collection of glass and I had the perfect bowl just sitting on a shelf holding candles.

Of course Rhett & Scarlett completely freaked when I took them out of their other (really dirty) home and gave them a little bath (they were lucky I didn't get out a toothbrush, but I didn't know if it would hurt them). When I finally got them settled into their new home they both checked out the rock above water and soon they were both swimming in and out of the cave. I have to admit, I was a little nervous that they would get stuck down there and suffocate, but they are smarter than I thought. I know, bad mommy...I should always think my children are geniouses!

The last few days Rhett & Scarlett have been hauled up on top of the rock just chillin, but tonight when I got home I saw Rhett swimming around, so I took some pics.

1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

Rhett and Scarlett are still with you! I am so happy to see that!